Saturday, June 20, 2009

2nd night in London

The host Peter Merican,serving the steak & lamb while Jon-Neal & Sue wait patiently...
Rossane,Jon-Neal,Sue,Peter,Muk & Rosalind



















Nya meh penyamai bisi kaban,bisi mai makai. That's the beauty of having friends & relatives in faraway land...ada belanja makan despite the Credit Crunch felt by most in the UK. Credit Crunch or no Credit Crunch,Iban people are always known to be hospitable & generous and Mr. & Mrs. Peter Merican were no exception. They invited me to their home in Uxbridge which is about a good 45mins away from my hotel,thanks to Watson's fast driving & knowing the road directions in London like he's driving in Miri. Actually, I was so malu to accept their invitation to dinner because of the inconvenience of fetching me & sending me back to the hotel but Rosalind & Watson said they didn't mind doing just that. Well, how could I refuse a good offer?!!

And a good offer indeed it was!!!...The host himself,Peter did the beef steak & lamb while Sue,his wife cooked the other dishes ;yummy mixed vegetables with creamy cheese sauce I had a few extra helpings to this dish. Sue's desserts were also something else..fruit pavlova,coffee meringue with cream & fruits. My...what an evening of good food,wine aplenty & good company. Thank you Peter & Sue. Thank you Watson,Rosalind,Rosanne & Jon-Neal.

No comments: