Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Super Jumau- Working Hard For The Money!

Another example of the movers and shakers amongst the Iban women that I would like to write about is Jumau, a name that I have not heard for a long time until I came across this name at a blog I read a few days ago. She is constantly on the move,getting in and out of aeroplanes, jetting to near and far places for the jelatong/pendai/pengkalan/jetty/wharf industries. I was hoping to meet her when I went to Bintulu last Saturday but too bad,she was going to KL that same afternoon to attend a convention. The other time last year when I went to Bintulu,she was in Italy.Most times whenever I sms(ed) to her,she's either in Shanghai,Mumbai,KL,Jogja,Niah or Dijih. Anak Indai Dian ke laki was always very proud of her when he was still alive.; going and getting to where she is now...all thanks to a very supportive hubby & disciplined children. HmmHmm..Apai Maie has to buy me breakfast at 2020's for the puji-pujian.Jumau is a wife to Gim,a mother to Maie,Indai Dian & Igat. Maie is studying Pharmacy in Glasgow and Indai Dian is studying medicine in Jogja. So now you know why they have to work very hard. I have a lot of other nice things to say about her but I do not want to be accused as being 'biased' just because she's Jumau..Indai Maie..Serimah & my cousin. But then again,what are cousins for? Right?

1 comment:

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Au meh, cross your fingers and you may get your free breakfast this Saturday. We plan to go to Miri for a day trip to sembiang ba kubur niang apai and ngiga tambak petunia. I planted petunia when it was the craze many years ago and now I want to plant it again - none of the nurseries ditu bc tambak petunia. I will let you know enti nyadi and we meet up at Cafe 2020 kay? I may drag indai along to give her a break. Julie's daughter, Ann Marie is in Bintulu - indai and Bulau are looking after her. She was premature (we almost lost her) and suffers from slow motor growth. She is 1.5 yrs old but could not sit on her own. She is mentally ok, but she needs weekly physiotherapy to improve her motor skills.Nasit amat ia ok mentally, gamal ia bajik amat.

Jumau