Monday, December 17, 2007

Miri Exports back in town

Cafe 88 was closed this morning so we deciede to have breakfast at 2020's and while looking for a parking space, I saw a familiar black Naza Citra & immediately said to myself,"Baka kereta sida Doreen & Jayang."True enough it was them,the whole family stuffing themselves with the much-missed 2020's food. They must had been longing/missing the food as could be seen by the 'fullness' of the table. ( penuh meja laban utai di empa) Ya,the Jayangs or OKK as I called Jayang just now(Orang Kota Kinabalu/Orang Kaya-Kaya) are back in town. Doreen said to me something related to my blog..so it seems she's the one from KK who's been reading my blog. Anyway,happy reading & welcome home to Miri. Meet you at tamu this Friday for the mags. Last week there was plenty of Hello,OK, & something on Erra Fazira. Ring a bell?Ha..ha..
Also saw the Gendangs at the tamu last Friday & Adela enjoying, drinking a bottle of the Sibu Krim Soda. On 26th Dec,the Labons would be in town;now they are still skiing at Mt Sorak,imagining that they're acting the scenes from Winter Sonata. ha..ha..
According to Irene, Bedindang is also back in town,..welcome back to Miri.
Since the last 3 years or so, it seems that many young Ibans are leaving Miri for greener pastures/sand dunes/deserts. Heard another one leaving also. Ya, why not if the pendapatan is sangat begitu lumayan & the children's education's taken care of.
Also met a young lady, a friend's daughter who's back from London for the Xmas hols & when I asked her where she's studying...LSE,that's London School of Economics. Way to go Iban girl!
I have to go for now,Nel's waiting for me.

No comments: