Monday, December 29, 2008

Remembering Raynold Gaik

The Happy Days..during the younger days & healthier times.

...with Osart & Wendel









...with Angking,Edward & Wendel



..with Dulles & Edward


Raynold Gaik seated (left) with his fellow lawyer friends way back in 1993,@The Crest (restaurant & bar) at Wisma Pelita,Miri. Others seated:Christopher Sawan,Tai,CC Lau & David Lim.
Standing:Edward Liong,D & John Trang



Church funeral at St. Basil's Church,Batu Kawah.





















Dulles,Javerlyn & Wendel.


A wreath from his friend Gabriel Kok,Miri.





Sometime in the afternoon of Xmas day,D received a text from Wendel informing him of the demise of Raynold in KL. He had been suffering from kidney problems for several years. Since we were in Kuching so we attended the funeral service on Sunday afternoon at St. Basil's Church,Batu Kawa. Raynold's nephew & niece,in between sobs,gave a touching tribute to their uncle.
May he rest in peace.


Dulles lost a dear friend. They spoke on the phone about 2 months ago and Raynold sounded his usual happy self even though he was in hospital in K.L. Dulles could remember his one liners. Just like when in the eariy days of handphones, a friend, who thought highly of his own handphone, asked Raynold what model he had just bought and Raynold replied, "Same lousy like yours!"
His friends were aware that he did not want to be treated special by reason of his condition and he disliked any hint of special treatment or consideration in respect thereof.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh.






























3 comments:

Nimi Momo said...

It still bring tears to my eyes to think of his passing, though my acquintance with him was brief and very recent. Thank you for posting this up, and I hope you don't mind if I link this post of yours to mine. I still don't have the heart to put up anything on it yet, and I believe my fiance will appreciate your effort very much.

Thanks again.

Sarah said...

I was and always will be Raynold's niece.I came across your blog and you have featured my dear uncle's funeral service. Thank you for being a part of my uncle's life. His lost meant so much to us until today. I too would like to link your blog to mine if you don't mind.
I showed your blog to his sisters, whom one of them is my mom, they too, would like to say thank you for attending my uncle's funeral.
May God bless you and your family.

Sebugey said...

I wasn't sure whether I should upload the photos then but after we got back from Kuching,your uncle's lawyer friends(2 of them're his former housemates) nanya berita about the funeral & so forth,so we thought it'd be better to do a posting on it & ask them to see my blog for the cerita.Funny thing when we gathered at Osart's house (refer to my posting on "10 days into 2009") for dinner the other night,they wanted to see my blog for the posting & the page just refused to appear. Maybe they will get to see it some other time.