Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rubbish Bin,where are you?


Last month,a desperate person who probably had his/her rubbish bin stolen by some other desperate people decided to steal my bin. It was done in broad daylight at peak hours( @5.00pm-6.15pm). At this time of the day,this stretch of road is at its busiest because of the supermarket nearby. I really salute this person who was brave enough to steal the bin,probably put it in the back of a pick-up truck,van or lorry and drove away. God Bless the thief.....
The next day I went 'bin' searching around my neighbourhood but did not see any abandoned bin. Well, what to do..the 'A' Team (scavenger truck) would not take your rubbish if you don't put them in the green bin. So off I went looking for a rubbish bin and found a shop selling them next to AirAsia's office,near M2. I entered the shop and asked,"How much is that bin?". The lady answered,"RM165." WHAT! So mahal(so expensive) Tidak boleh discount? Tidak dapat.(no discount?fixed price!) The price includes having your Lot house number printed on the side of the bin. Now I know why that 'thief' did not think twice about stealing my bin because it was too expensive for the thief to buy a new rubbish bin.
I remember smiling to myself when another victim of a stolen rubbish bin wanted to 'rantai'(chain) his rubbish bin to his house fence. Now I, too, feel like doing that.
Thieves can make money from stealing these rubbish bins. They can easily sell them for RM50 or get the scrap metal where the wheels of the bin are attached.
It makes me wonder what was wrong with the black bin before this ruling that we have to use this green bin. This is daylight robbery!

No comments: