Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Last Friday night,quite a handful of us,members of SIDS celebrated Mother's Day at the Senior Citizens Activity Centre,Krokop. We thank Herry Nang for making & donating the cheese cake & the other ladies for decorating the cake with penganan iri & kuih sepit...modern traditional cake.
To me,everyday is mother's day & I thank the good Lord that I do not have to wait for this particular sunday to wish my mother 'Blue Skies & Everything Nice & good health'. I give thanks everyday that she can still walk with some helping hands at times to take her out to the coffee shops,markets & Kuala Belait to get her supply of Clorox. Even though at times, I do have my mood swings but when I think of the Love she has for me & my family,I'd drive the 'hundred'miles to Kuala Belait so that she can jalan jalan cuci mata & let her do what she wants to do. I'd close my eyes when she finishes a plateful of rice which is a NO NO for diabetics like her..the kuih muih she would swallow in no time & the spoonfuls of sugar to go with her coffee. For if I tell her to control her food,she would say,"Sigi ka mati..nadai ga utai di empa." (Memang sudah mahu mati..tak ada pun makan)
She would only listen to her doctor and I love the way the doctor told her(after almost 5 months of dressing her infected toe last year) that if she so valued her life & wanted to live longer to be with her family,she'd better listen to what he said. I think it is about time to take her to the doctor for some counselling.
That's my mum & I don't think my story is any different from the rest of you. As they grow older,we have to speak in a tone that is melodious to their ears for they are super sensitive. Don't blame them..blame their hormonal inbalance,if any.
Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments: