Thursday, November 15, 2007

Forgetfulness.....happens to old & young alike.

Joe,trying hard to remember the code to open his bag.
"Aiyaaaa!!! I forget the numbers to open my luggage bag."said Joe. This happened while helping Joe to pack his stuff 2 days before he left for England;can't remember whether it was Nelly,Ceceilia or I who closed the bag so that we could put the bag on my weighing scales just to make sure it was not overweight.(BTW,the bag was way overweight..we packed,unpacked & repacked,even on the morning he left,about 5am,Joe sms to me,saying that he had not finished packing...2 or 3 boxes yet to be sealed. Okay..okay..I'm coming,I replied. With a plastic bag containing cellotapes,scissors,etc., the work was done in a jiffy...was it really?)) Joe even called his mum asking her if she knew the code.None of us knew what to do,so the bag was left locked for a night until we could find a solution. Then Joe sms to me saying that somebody at the pasar ikan could unlock the bag. So off we went, taking the locked bag to the locksmith. We didn't go to the one at pasar ikan,we went instead to the one near to Fortuna Kedai Kopi. The locksmith fiddled with the lock and within a few seconds he asked whether '---' mean anything. Oh ya...my birthday & house number,he said. Despite all the drama,without fail,we had time for kopi and roti kahwin (toast with butter egg jam/kaya). Be Happy, lah! Don't worry.!

No comments: